Frequently asked questions
Following these simple steps will help insure your SoulPad tent is with you for a very long time.
1. Only store your SoulPad tent if it is dry.
Never store it if the canvas fly sheet or the groundsheet is damp or wet. Both the groundsheet and the canvas must be completely dry before storing. Otherwise there is a very high risk of mildew forming on the canvas. Mildew is often irremovable, and so its prevention is of very high importance.
If you are forced to pack your SoulPad tent away when it is damp or wet then it must be erected again within 24 hours, even in adverse weather.
Do not hang your SoulPad tent to dry as mildew is likely to form in the creases and folds.
2. Store in a dry place.
Moderate, temperate conditions are ideal. Extremes of temperature will harm the structure of the canvas. The optimum storage temperature is room temperature.
3. Do not store anything on top of your SoulPad tent as this may distort the canvas or cause harm to the other components.
4. Your SoulPad tent should be taken out of storage at least once a year to allow it to recover from its compacted and stored state.
5. Be aware that rodents and insects can cause damage to stored SoulPad tents.
6. Choose your storage area carefully and remember to check on your SoulPad tent from time-to-time. For example: five minutes spent checking the bag for dampness, or checking for signs of rodent activity could save you time, effort and unwanted repair costs later.