A Chocolatey Easter RecipeMarch 13, 2015 00:00
Malteser Tray Slab (uh-oh!)
Here is a deliciously-wicked, easy-peasy, very sweet and just a little bit moreish, Easter camping recipe for you...
200g Milk Chocolate
3tbsp Golden Syrup
225g Crushed Digestive Biscuits
optional, mini marshmallows and /or cherries
1. Line an 8 inch baking tin (*or a big bowl)
*Another way is to make it in a bowl. Just line a bowl with cling film, fill and chill. This can then be turned out and if you fancy it you can drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
2. Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup gently together.
3. Stir in the biscuits well
4. Add the Maltesers (plus marshmallows and cherries if you are using them) and combine quickly to make sure the Maltesers do not melt and lose their shape.
5. Pour into the lined tin and gently press down. Chill until set. Cut into small squares. This yumminess keeps well in the fridge or cool box so long as no-one finds it!
6. Cut as you would a cake.